FACIAL CLAY MASKS FOR ACNE
Facial clay masks can be used for make-ups and in the treatment of acne. Clay masks are a natural, unique formulation for deep cleansing the face. Clay masks purify the skin and draw out impurities from deep within the facial pores; it also reduces the presence of such pores and softens skin that has become irritating owing to the prevalence of acne.
Clay masks, as mentioned earlier, are a skincare treatment that many people have embraced in the treatment of acne problems. Acne is formed as by-products when the body releases excess sebum. Naturally, the body secretes sebum to keep the skin moisturized. However, when it is secreted in the excess, primarily because of hormones or heredity and some other factors, it can result in pore blockages and will combine with dead skin cells that did not shed improperly. As a result, the combination of dead skin cells and excess sebum forms blemishes and cause skin irritation.
Everybody secretes sebum, but it is a big problem for people with oily skins; their skins are the most prone to acne. Although there are many products out there with claims to rid the face of acne, none of them proves to be as effective as clay masks because their work is limited to the surface. In fact, buying those products, which are usually, described with glowing, “salesy,” remarks such as “facial cleanser,” “acne remover,” etc. are an investment that will yield no returns. Of course, acne is bad and do not precisely compliments facial beauty, however; these products do not get rid of it, as they should because acne is formed subcutaneously.
So what does clay masks do exactly?
Clay masks work based on capillary action. They absorb traces of dirt, sebum, bacteria, water, toxins, and irritants on and underneath the skin. Also, they can also exfoliate dead skin cells and cause the removal of blackheads without friction and irritation.
APPLICATION OF FACIAL CLAY MASKS
Although clay masks are gentle and natural on the skin, many people misuse them often by applying them all over the face and waiting for it to form a hardened shell after which it is rinsed. This has been proved to be, a very wrong way to apply facial clay masks. One general note of caution is this – facial clay masks should not be allowed to dry thoroughly.
Facial clay masks are usually made from natural clay and are often packaged in powdered form. Clay has high absorbent properties, so this property is the primary advantage that it presents in addressing the causes of acne.
This powdered clay can be mixed with water or apple cider vinegar until it forms a paste and then applied to cover the entirety of the face.
The initial moments after the application of facial clay masks exercises the skin’s capillaries and enhances blood flow greatly. At the same time, the mask will start to become cool and will contract.
After this phase, a dry period follows, where moisture, sebum, bacteria, water and other toxic substances are drawn out from underneath the skin. At the stage where the clay mask starts to dry, that is the right time to wash it off, not when it is fully hardened. The skin will feel dehydrated, tight, and itchy afterward but this can be curtailed by applying face cream. When clay masks are allowed to harden and get flaky, they suck moisture out of the skin because what it majorly does is to draw impurities up to the surface of the skin.
Facial clay masks do the face a lot of good, but as it is essential that before using any skin product, you should take cognizance of your skin type. There are several types of clay masks, and their peculiarities are described below.
– Green clays suit all skin types and are rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium and other minerals.
– White clays increase blood flow, and they have high astringent properties.
– Brown clays are perfect for the removal of dead skin cells. However, they are not suitable for dry skin.
When clay mask is applied, it absorbs the sebum and other toxic substances that cause acne on the skin, and the result will be a glowing skin, free from any encumbrances.
FACIAL CLAY MASK FOR ACNE TREATMENT
Clay Mask Detoxifies The Skin
Clay is made up of components that pull toxic substances that are responsible for acne from the skin’s surface. Many pollution agents that the skin is often exposed to, could also be responsible for the presence of acne on a person’s face. What the application of clay mask does is to remove any unnatural and impure substance from a person’s face.
Clay Mask Fights Against Bacteria
Bacteria are found to exist beneath the face and dry up there most times because there is no substance to pull them out from beneath the face. What clay mask does is to pull out the dry bacteria to the surface, and when you wash the mask off your face, you are in other words washing these bacteria off your face.
Improves The Skin Texture And Color
Apart from the fact that clay mask helps in fighting acne, clay masks are also effective in enhancing and giving your skin a glowing look.
It Is A Natural Remedy
As mentioned above, many acne treatments products are available for everyone, but the difference between most of these products and clay masks is that these products are made from chemical substances that are often toxic to the skin.
It Is Easy To Apply
Using clay mask does not require a lot of do’s and don’ts. Clay mask can be applied by anybody without any fuss.
The Side Effects
Clay mask in most cases does not irritate the skin. However, since our skin types are different, there is a possibility of some people experiencing some redness that will fade away a few hours after.
10 BEST FACIAL CLAY MASKS ON AMAZON 2018
(#1 BEST SELLER) Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay – 1 lb. | Deep Pore Cleansing Facial & Healing Body Mask | The Original 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay
* World’s most powerful facial.
* Deep pore cleaning with 100% natural calcium bentonite clay.
* Does not contain: additives, fragrances, animal products.
* Important Note 1: Do not leave clay mask on skin longer than 5-10 mins for delicate skin; this will prevent redness/drying.
* Important Note 2: Please read and follow all manufacturer directions before using. Slight redness of the skin is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes after use.
100% Natural Calcium Bentonite (Green) Clay – Sun Dried – No Additives – No Fragarances.
Mix Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with equal parts of apple cider vinegar or water. Its best to use a glass, pottery or wooden bowl. Stir the mixture until is a smooth paste-add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick layer of clay to the face or other areas and let it dry. Drying times vary, but times are generally 5 minutes of delicate skin and 15-20 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation, deep pore cleansing! Remove clay by washing with warm water. A slight redness may appear after removing the clay. This is normal and will disappear in approximately 30 minutes. Helps to remove dirt and impurities from the pores of the skin. The clay is beneficial for deep pore cleansing of the skin.
(#2 AMAZON’S CHOICE) L’Oréal Paris Pure Clay Mask Detox & Brighten, 1.7 fl. oz.
* 3 Pure Clays and Charcoal
* Deep Cleanses and Captures Impurities
* Energizes Dull Skin and Brightens
* Evens Skin Tone
Suitable for all skin types.
Formule 782625/11, INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER, KAOLIN, MONTMORILLONITE, LECITHIN, POLYSORBATE 20, BUTYLENE, GLYCOL PROPYLENE, GLYCOL, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, ORYZA, SATIVA STARCH / RICE STARCH, MOROCCAN LAVA CLAY, CHARCOAL POWDER, CAPRYLYL, GLYCOL CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, POLYGLYCERIN-10, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 STEARATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, PARFUM /FRAGRANCE.
Apply an even layer to clean dry skin, avoiding eye and lip area. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then remove with water. For best results use 3 times a week.
(3) Pure Biology Clay Face Mask, 9 oz – Deep Pore Cleanser For Reduction in Pores, Spots, Blackheads & Acne – Infused w/ Pea Peptide Extract to Instantly Brighten & Smooth
* A TRULY UNIQUE CLAY MASK – This facial mask combines a pure Bentonite Clay base & proven cleansing ingredients with NaturePep™ Pea, a proprietary extract clinically shown to correct skin defects, while creating a significant brightening and smoothing effect; 91% natural; Non-GMO; paraben/cruelty free.
* TOTAL EFFECTS CLEANSING – Formulated to deeply cleanse and detoxify while correcting a wide variety of skin imperfections, including: visible pores, dark & red spots, acne scars, blackheads & excess oil.
* INSTANT ILLUMINATION – The formulation is infused with NaturePep™ Pea, a breakthrough peptide ingredient that has been clinically shown to brighten and smooth skin texture. A noticeably more luminous and youthful glow are often realized as quickly as the first application.
* THE SCIENCE OF NATUREPEP™ PEA – This proprietary, formulated extract from the pisum sativum (peapod) interferes with the overproduction of skin melanin caused by exposure to UV and environmental free radicals. This allows skin pigment to return to a balanced state, promoting a brighter and more even complexion.
* IDEAL FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – The face mask is designed for gentle, yet deep and effective cleansing without drying or irritating. Even the most sensitive skin is unlikely to experience irritation. Suitable for all skin types, especially oily and combination skin.
An Enhanced Take On Clay
While incorporating all of the deep cleansing benefits of a traditional clay base, “Advanced Pure” goes a step beyond. The addition of NaturePep™Pea, a proprietary pea peptide extract, promotes noticeable improvements in skin brightness and texture. This mask is ideal for correcting a variety of skin imperfections, such as: acne, large pores, dark spots, blackheads & excess oil, while simultaneously illuminating a dull or lackluster complexion – all without drying or irritating.
A Superior Way To Cleanse & Brighten
Cleansing masks and soaps generally don’t offer substantial illuminating effects. Facial brighteners, such as scrubs and harsh peel-off masks, don’t provide deep cleansing below the surface and often agitate skin. The formulation supplies the benefits of both traditional cleansers and brighteners, while avoiding the irritation and inflammation that is common among many brightening masks.
The Science Of NATUREPEP™ PEA
This proprietary extract blends science with nature to create a more uniform complexion by smoothing and evening skin texture. By interfering with the over-expression of melanin (often caused by exposure to UV rays) and pro-inflammatory genes, this peptide improves skin tone by restoring pigment to homeostasis (natural balance), producing lighter and more even skin.
The Clinical Data
In a double-blind, half-face clinical study involving female volunteers, melanin content was found to be reduced by 11% vs. placebo. This resulted in visible reductions in skin imperfections caused by UV damage, inflammation and aging. Over the 28-day study, visible differences were observed and measured on the sides of the face treated with 3% NaturePep™ Pea. On average, the test subjects realized a 15% decline in surface spots, a 17% reduction in red spots and a 21% decrease in skin roughness vs. placebo.
(4) Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
* Black Head Removal exfoliating pores pack
* Made In South Korea
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask is a bubble mud pack that provides pore cleaning and black head removal.
Formulated with carbonated water and mud, washes off pores and dirts on your on face. Contains various vegetable ingredients such as green tea, pomegranate and charcoal powder extract etc. Carbonated water gives a soft massage to pores. A adsorptive power of Charcoal and mud removes excessive subum clearly. Clay mud and charcoal powder removes makeup dirts and tightens pores at the same time.
Scoop a proper amount of the Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask and spread evenly on dry, uncleansed face. Wait for 5 minutes until bubbles start to appear then gently massage it all over the face to melt down dirt. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
(5) Moroccan Ghassoul Clay Mask – Organic Natural Facial Mask and Skin Care Treatment – Anti-aging Mud Mask Heals Dry & Oily Skin, Acne, Eczema & Psoriasis – 8 Oz
* Ancient skin healing facial mud mask direct from the Atlas Mountains – 100% natural and organic ingredients
get 30+ facials per jar!
* Anti-aging properties tighten pores promoting young, healthy natural skin – rich Atlas Mountain minerals clean, heal, soften and revitalize your skin for an all-day youthful glow.
* Atlas Mountain Lava Clay contains skin-reviving minerals. These minerals are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our skin, to keep it looking young and refreshed.
Help tone and refresh your face and body. The Ghassoul or Moroccan clay is a pure and natural argile saponifère extract from the Atlas Mountains. Known the world over it has been used by Moroccan women for their entire bathing rituals, both body and hair. Indeed, “Ghassoul” translated from Arabic is actually “the matter that cleanses”. Use as a mask from head to toe helping to tone and soften your skin. It rejuvenates and regenerates the skin by removing dead skin cells that accumulates over time, removes black heads and rough patches and tightens the pores. It is also an excellent fortifier for the scalp and hair by reducing the secretion of sebum. Origin Kingdom of Morocco.
Improves fine lines and wringles, roughness and general appearance of damaged skin and hair.
Organic Moroccan Ghassoul (Argile) Clay.
Ghassoul Clay – use once a week on skin and hair. Mix with water to make a thin pancake like paste. Apply with a brush, cosmetic spatula or fingers. Leave until almost try, Rinse with warm water. Feel the tingling as it removes dead skin, and unwanted toxins. Reveals healthy youthful skin. Same process for hair and scalp. Helps deep clean and provide body and fullness to hair.
(6) Majestic Pure French Green Mud Mask with Authentic Montmorillonite Green Clay, Exfoliating Facial Mask for Blackhead, Shrinking Pores, Fighting Acne and Toning Skin, 8.8 fl. oz.
* Majestic Pure French Green Mud Mask; made with the finest 100% authentic French Montmorillonite Green Clay; Made in USA.
* French Montmorillonite Green Clay is known for its potent properties for skin detoxification.
* SAFETY WARNING: Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
* French Green Face Mask is rich in minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants that are ideal for all skin types.
* Majestic Pure French Green Mud Mask is cruelty free and not tested on animals.
Majestic Pure French Green Mud Mask, a unique formula made with the finest 100% authentic French Montmorillonite Green Clay, universally known for its potent properties for skin detoxification. Combined with several beneficial ingredients such as organic aloe leaf juice, organic olive fruit oil, and organic jojoba seed oil, this facial mask is excellent as acne mask and hydrating mask for all skin types.
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Organic Alcohol, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Organic Olive Fruit Oil, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, DMAE Bitartrate, Hyaluronic Acid, Montmorillonite (French Green Clay), Organic Rooibos Leaf Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Organic Green Tea Leaf Extract, Vitamin C Ester, Provitamin B5, Vitamin B3, Organic White Willow Bark Extract, Pomegranate Seed Extract, Vitamin E, Soybean Oil, Xanthin Gum.
(7) Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Clay Mask, Mint and Lemon, 6 Ounce
* Mint and lemon
* Deep pore cleansing
* Not tested on animals
Made with natural, botanical ingredients, Freeman Feeling Beautiful is a full range of skin and body care products to help you look and feel your best. This detoxifying clay mask enhanced with Mint and Lemon Extract helps soothe and calm problematic skin. Helps control oil production and reduce the appearance of large pores. Perfect for tzone and oily skin types.
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers.
Water, Bentonite, Kaolin, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Geraniol, Linalool, D-Limonene, Blue 1, Yellow 5
Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Let dry and rinse with warm water. Use two times a week or as often as needed.
UPDATING MORE PRODUCTS SOON …