ALTERNATIVE ACNE TREATMENTS
Acne is very common and medically classified as a skin disease. They are caused by excessive secretion of oily substance called the sebum by sebaceous glands. Although sebum is very good in maintaining skin and hair texture, excess secretion of the same gets stuck in hair follicles and leads to formation of acne lesions. Due to the oily nature of sebum and its exposure to dust and dirt causes bacterial growth and results in what is commonly known as the “pimple”.
DIFFERENT TREATMENTS FOR DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES
Various kinds of acne and various skin types need different treatments. Keeping this in view, there are some fast acne treatments while there are some that take some time to help one get rid of acne. Although acne treatments are available across over-the-counter and on the internet, it is important to know one’s skin type and the kind of acne that they have been afflicted with before deciding on a cure.
Herbal treatments for acne are much sought after now a days, since traditional acne treatments have become very expensive and so have dermatologists. Herbal or alternative acne treatments have become more and more popular due to lack of considerable side effects that most acne treatments seem to have.
Not only the lack of side effects, but also additional benefits like vitamin and botanical nourishments such as DMAE (anti-oxidant), anti-ageing compounds, vitamins and other supplements in alternative acne treatment make skin pristine, add tone and improve texture.
Pharmaceutical cures for acne treatments have also evolved since and have stopped making the “magic pill” that fell out of vogue. Although many a company has made the magic pills in the past, their expensive touch and side effects have left them in the cold. Taking a cue form alternative acne treatment methods that comprise of herbal acne treatment, pharmaceutical medication for acne treatment have evolved to integrate the goodness of the additives in herbal medicines and have become more affordable and grown in variety to suit various skin and acne types.
5 FREE ALTERNATIVE ACNE TREATMENTS
Alternative acne treatments also include no medication. Yes, no medication. Acne can also be cured over a longer period of time through sheer self discipline of eating nutritious, anti-oxidant diet, reducing stress levels, drinking more water, proper hygiene and through regular exercise.
1. Diet recommended for people plagued with acne would consist of fruits and vegetables, no-oily and non-fatty food taken with a lot of fluids. This will help in removing toxins from your system and produce healthy sebum. This kind of diet is also good for overall health and contributes to proper digestion and detoxification.
2. Reducing stress levels would result in reducing pressure thus controlling the secretion of sebum and. This can be achieved through meditation or even getting proper sleep of at least eight hours a day.
3. Drinking more water helps in keeping your body hydrated, since dry skin also causes acne and inflammation. This increases kidney function and removes toxins via the urinary route.
4. Exercise helps reduce toxin levels due to sweating and opens up pores on your skin. It also regulates the water levels in your body. Exercise also contributed to reduction of stress and contributes to overall health.
5. Hygeine for acne treatment would include regular washing of the affected areas. Always wash with plain water, several times a day. Although, washing with water removes only surface dirt, this would prevent further development of acne. Never use harsh or oily soaps. Try to use a normal soap that would help retain the pH balance of your skin.
Added to this, further alternative remedies for acne are available, which could be classified as grandmother’s cure. These remedies are local to regions and countries and have been developed with many years of experience. They are known to work because they have been made to the cure acne in specific environmental and pollution specifications of the said region.
However, despite all these remedies and perspectives of looking at acne treatments, it is strongly advised to take the opinion of a qualified dermatologist before embarking upon any acne treatments.